1. J. D. Salinger was in the
first wave of soldiers landing on Normandy Beach in WWII; and though not a combat soldier, he lived through some of the bloodliest and deadliest fighting in the European Theater. He spent time in the hospital after the war with what we would call PTSD today--a condition that he seems to suffered from the rest of his life. He carried Holden Caulfield with him everywhere he went as he typed even in foxholes on the manuscript of what became?The Catcher in the Rye.?Biographers Shields and Salerno argued that this novel was actually the war novel Salinger said no one would ever be honest enough to write. Apparently, they saw the 16-year-old Caulfield as someone suffering from a kind PTSD, perhaps exposed to too much of some poisonous aspect of life.??
A. Discuss two specific incidents that show Caulfield, and explain what he is suffering from.
2. The title comes from Holden's idea that he is in a field of rye where there are multitudes of playing children who are in danger of falling off the cliff and he, wearing his catcher's mitt, is the only person capable of "catching" them and saving them.??
A. Discuss the specific characters in the book that Holden feels a need to save, and explain what it is exactly that Holden believes these characters need to be saved from.
B. Tell what messages you think Salinger is conveying and why you think the book is still one of the most popular of all times.
This question was answered on: Apr 19, 2020Buy this answer for only: $15
This attachment is locked
Pay using PayPal (No PayPal account Required) or your credit card . All your purchases are securely protected by .
About this QuestionSTATUS
Apr 19, 2020EXPERT
YES, THIS IS LEGAL
We have top-notch tutors who can do your essay/homework for you at a reasonable cost and then you can simply use that essay as a template to build your own arguments.
You can also use these solutions:
- As a reference for in-depth understanding of the subject.
- As a source of ideas / reasoning for your own research (if properly referenced)
- For editing and paraphrasing (check your institution's definition of plagiarism and recommended paraphrase).
NEW ASSIGNMENT HELP?
Order New Solution. Quick Turnaround
Click on the button below in order to Order for a New, Original and High-Quality Essay Solutions. New orders are original solutions and precise to your writing instruction requirements. Place a New Order using the button below.
WE GUARANTEE, THAT YOUR PAPER WILL BE WRITTEN FROM SCRATCH AND WITHIN A DEADLINE.