Group 2? Group 13?
Consult Table 1 to help you answer CTQ?s 2-7.
2. Which ion is always written first?the cation or the anion?
3. For metal ions from groups 1, 2, or 13 in ionic compounds, how does the name of the cation differ from the name of the metal?
4. For metal ions not in groups 1, 2, or 13, how does the name of the cation differ from the name of the metal?
5. Why does the formula for magnesium fluoride have one magnesium ion and two fluoride ions?
6. What is the charge on iron in FeS? In Fe2S3?
7. Based on your answer to CTQ6, what does the Roman numeral represent in some of the names represent?
8. For nonmetals, how does the name of the anion differ from the name of the element?
9. Complete the naming rules below:
? Naming metal ions not in compounds: name metal, then add the word ?ion? (example: Ca2+ = )
? If metal is not in group 1, 2, or 13, add a Roman numeral in parentheses that represents [example: Fe3+ = ]
? Nonmetals: change ending of element name to (example: N3- = )
? Naming ionic compounds: name the cation (without the word ?ion?), then the anion [example: FeN = ]
This question was answered on: Apr 19, 2020Buy this answer for only: $15
This attachment is locked
Pay using PayPal (No PayPal account Required) or your credit card . All your purchases are securely protected by .
About this QuestionSTATUS
Apr 19, 2020EXPERT
YES, THIS IS LEGAL
We have top-notch tutors who can do your essay/homework for you at a reasonable cost and then you can simply use that essay as a template to build your own arguments.
You can also use these solutions:
- As a reference for in-depth understanding of the subject.
- As a source of ideas / reasoning for your own research (if properly referenced)
- For editing and paraphrasing (check your institution's definition of plagiarism and recommended paraphrase).
NEW ASSIGNMENT HELP?
Order New Solution. Quick Turnaround
Click on the button below in order to Order for a New, Original and High-Quality Essay Solutions. New orders are original solutions and precise to your writing instruction requirements. Place a New Order using the button below.
WE GUARANTEE, THAT YOUR PAPER WILL BE WRITTEN FROM SCRATCH AND WITHIN A DEADLINE.